More trips to the hospital then planned

Had my second round of chemo yesterday, two/twelve over six months. It was not to bad, until the second I got home. Got this terrible fever, that made me stay in bed for two hours straight just shaking.

I know myself so well, and I knew this was just a reaction to the chemotherapy, this did happen the last time too and I stayed two nights in the hospital and it was not fun at all. (the doctor also mentioned then, that it could be my way of reacting to the chemotherapy)

Fine, hospitals are never really any fun. But that was horrible, it took them twelve hours to get me a bed. I usually don't mind waiting, but when you stay on a super uncomfortable bed over night, ice cold, no blankets and really ill. Not able to sleep, not really getting any form of information on what is going to happen. Meh, do not want to experience that again, at least when I was feeling a so much worse since last time. So I noticed my temperature was going down, and I wanted to wait until the next day.

Though when I finally got the bed, it was very nice, also got my own room, because I could possible have the flu, or some bad infection. It turned out to be nothing, they sent me home with antibiotics, just to be sure.

And I'm so happy I did wait until the next day, got seen straight away. The number I called gave me an option to go into the A&E again or into the hematology department that was opening about 15 minutes after my phone call. Of course I picked the place I get my chemotherapy, at least they know me there. After all I was stuck in the hospital for two nights last time, and they had no clue I was even there. Oh and yes, it is not the first time they have messed something up or forgotten about me. Luckily I'm usually quite patient person, but there is only so much I can deal with when I feel crap.

The doctor agreed with me, when it came to the cause of my fever. But anyways they are obligated to check, in case it is a bad infection. The reason I was not worried, was because my CRP came back fine (no sign of infection) and it was no other virus then the common cold. I did have a tiny fever at that point, but they chose to send me home after the treatment. So that is the reason I waited with going in, my fever is gone, well at least last time I checked. I will email the company that makes my temperature thing and ask if I can get a better calibrated one, because it does not say the same as the hospitals once, but one of the nurses really love it and it was super expensive.

I have now one extra appointment on Monday for more blood tests, yey. Also forgot to mention I did one today, and they would call me if something was wrong and they haven't beside scheduling one more blood test this upcoming Monday.




Oh yes, forgot to say. I actually woke up and it was snow outside? so surprised. It really sucks, since England is completely useless when it comes to snow, everything that can close, is closed. Doctor asked me if everything was okay coming in, she forgot I'm Norwegian and said that was a stupid question. Heard so many people complaining and the phone was ringing so much with staff calling in because they cant get to work or they will be late. (The headlines calls it heavy snow, yeah right). Hopefully the airport is opens back up on Friday, so my friend Laila does not have any trouble getting here.

This post became a bit longer than planned, hope its not to much. Cya soon, Helen.



Comments

Popular Posts