How does it feel like to not have hair

I'm still having trouble adjusting to not having any hair, keep getting a lot of nice comments on it. For some reason every time I forget that I have shaved it off. If anyone is wondering what it feels like to have super short hair, no it's not cold. I'm not bald yet, but my ears get a tiny bit chilly sometimes. To be honest, the reason I keep forgetting that I have shaved it of. Is because it kinda feels like I have my hair in a tight bun. Yes it is weird, I do not really understand why but I keep trying to take it out whenever I go in the shower.

Also the hounded times where I keep trying to stroke trough my hair in the shower, as I said I keep forgetting.

I always try to not look to much at people while walking outside, I don't really wanna see if people are looking at it. Not sure if I will ever get used to it, and when it actually falls out I know it will be worse, because I do kinda like it. At the same time I feel like a boy, I was struggling so much the first days with finding ways to look more feminine, so I just decided to wear more makeup. I know it does not look bad and multiple people keep repeating them self on how much they like it. But it does not feel like me at all.



The best comment I have got is "oh you look better then I thought you would look", oh well thank you for thinking about it, I guess. To be completely honest I couldn't care less, I've actually always wanted to do this. But now I'm very glad I did not, I really want hair. I didn't really like my hair before and I'm realising it more and more, it was very damage, and the only reason I kept colouring it after I found out was because I knew I would lose it. So there is a positive side, I can't wait for it to grow back, a good new start.


Cancer just slowly strips away your identity, though I am able to work with it. I just got home from a really nice meal with some friends and my boyfriend. I'm really happy I have so many good friends out there, and it does help doing stuff like this. At least because on Tuesday is back to everything being crappy. Soon getting a visit from Norway, I'm really exited for that, so that keeps my mood up a bit more. I'm just really happy that I get some good weeks too, not only bad.

I'm super exhausted and it's time for bed, hopefully it's not very long until next joyful event. Cya, Helen.





Comments

Popular Posts